Monday, May 5, 2008

I think I'm in trouble!

Well, I've known for some time that my teaching certificate runs out June 30th, 2008. I actually took a class two summers ago to obtain 3 of the 6 recertification hours needed to renew. I didn't take one last summer because Tyler was still too little to leave with a babysitter. My plan was to get it done this summer. I have even sorta worked out babysitting for the kids. Welp, you know as "our plans" go sometimes, they don't always pan out. I went on the District website this weekend and much to my dismay, the district I work for is only offering two recertification courses. One of which I took two summers ago. The other, is offered after my certificate runs out AND right smack in the middle of my famly vacation! What are the odds???
I'm actually going in to a mini panic mode right now just trying to figure out what to do. The best thing about these courses is that they are offered in two week period and your done! I couldn't possibly get a course done through FMU in time and I think that's really my only other option. I emailed the technology guru today. Hopefully, she can give me some good news. Time to get on my knees and pray!

***************************UPDATE**********************************************
Well, a few hours later, and a prayer of Thanks, I got word from the technology department head. She sent me an email that said I could in fact, take the graduate course and use it toward recertification. YEE HAW! I was soo excited I could almost jump, but I didn't...still nursing a broken foot.

1 comment:

Dyan said...

So when is the class? Do you still need me to see if my sister will be available?