I open my source of news today and found a link to an article stating that McCain is ready to lift the ban on domestic drilling. My gut was actually turning somersaults! Finally, the man is standing up for a conservative principle instead of pandering to environmentalists that are more than happy to drill elsewhere in the world but dare not THINK of putting down pipes here. Do we really know how much dinero we could save if we only tapped into our own resources? I have read there is enough oil in ANWR, in the Dakota's, California, and Florida coast lines to keep the US going for hundred of years. To quote the National Center for public policy,
"Although the U.S. has about 20 billion barrels of proved reserves, most Americans would be pleasantly surprised to learn that experts believe the nation probably has more than 110 billion barrels of recoverable oil, five times the estimated current supply. A 1995 National Assessment of U.S. Oil and Gas Resources prepared by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) concluded that, in addition to the 20 billion barrels of proved reserves, there are another 30 billion barrels of undiscovered oil that could be recovered using conventional drilling and exploration technology. There are at least 60 billion barrels of inferred reserves which can be recovered with new technology. Including the oil that can be extracted from shale and other unconventional sources, the USGS believes the U.S. has 112.3 billion barrels of oil."
I'm tired of certain candidates blaming the oil companies. If you tax them...they tax us. It's elementary, Watson. So here's the article link. Worth the read.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/16/AR2008061602731_pf.html
2 comments:
I liked the introduction very much haha. I need to start putting a warning like that before my political posts, but then again, who cares if they read something they don't like, all we ever hear is their garbage and they don't warn us. But I guess that is what separates US from THEM.
I totally agree with you about the drilling. Even though we have began to do some things a little greener like using paper instead of plastic when we can, not removing any trees from our yard, etc, etc. I think we should use our own oil instead of always wanting someone elses piece of the pie. I could go on about this issue but will leave it at that.
Even though I'm not a big politics person really there are many things I do try to tune in on and I am planning to vote for McCain in the Nov election. I do pray he gets it.
Post a Comment