Friday, July 31, 2009

A First Time for Everything!


A few Sunday afternoons back, Kevin took the boys to our Pastor's house for some fishing. My boys have been fishing before with their Granny on her boat. But I can't for life of me recall one time when they've been fishing at a pond. So, Kevin was looking for some way to stretch out hours of time when he would be keeping them and I mentioned fishing. They went just for a little bit because T-Man was really tired and 2 year olds aren't much fun at waiting for fish when they need a nap. But J-Bird had a first, his very first catch. I'm pretty sure Kevin told me that J-bird wasn't even paying attention when the bobber started sinking. He yelled for him to come reel in the line. Of course, J-Bird needed help, and once they got it in, there was a nice size fishie on the end. Here he is smiling for the camera and there's a closer shot of the fishie. You can see T-Man's excitment over the occasion by his folded arms. At least one child was happy about this FIRST!

No comments: