Saturday, July 30, 2011

In the quiet of the night...

It's ridiculously late right now. I sit in the study wasting precious hours of sleep because this is the only time of quiet in my house. It's what I like to call "veg-time". So there are about 1001 things swirling around in my head at this very moment making it difficult to think or focus on just one thing. I chuckled this evening as we were grocery shopping and Kevin asked me to do the math on something, now I can't recall what, and then I said it, "don't ask me that, I'm trying to focus on grocery shopping." Am I really at the point in my life now, that I can't mult-task? I am a former school teacher to first graders. My whole career was multi-tasking. And I was the grand poo-bah of multi-tasking. Now, I can't do a simple math problem and grocery shop at the same time. It's pitiful, really. We sing that song ALOT in our house, just for your information. "Call me Mr. Pitiful, that's my name. They call me Mr. Pitiful." My parents have an eclectic sense of music style. I digress...

What I am thinking about in no certain order at this very moment:
1) going to bed
2) coloring a huge SC map green and blue with markers because crayons and color pencils will not do
3) buying a big basket for the 25 puzzle boxes Tman has stashed all over the living room
4) my decreasing bank account
5) a tupperware party I have agreed to host
6) Ripley's aquarium visit with the children's dept of HRBC
7) Asher's cute grin
8) a lego/clutter station for the big boys' room
9) a cookout with all my high school friends coming up soon
10) dinner for my family all 5 nights this week
11) horner's syndrome
12) uploading pics from our recent family vacation
13) starting school Monday -- and really how much I don't want to start school Monday
14) putting off school --- and really the fear that if I don't start, I won't start
15) did we get into the co-op classes I signed up for the boys
16) signing up Jordan for swim team or should he sign up for soccer
17) should both boys play soccer this year

Really, should I go on? That should've been 18.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I've never been able to multi-task. Be thankful you have been able to do it as long as you did. We can start a support group for non multi-taskers!