Monday, May 12, 2008

My 4th Mother's Day

My mother's day started early this year with a Wednesday celebration at Jordan's school for moms. Have I mentioned how much I love his school? Well, I do and if they had classes through the 12th grade, I'd send him the whole time. But they don't so he'll attend regular public school next year. Anyway, the school had special snacks for mom and a gift that he made for me. The snacks were sugar cookies. Jordan decorated one cookie for me and one for himself. I grabbed our punch and chips and we had a snack with his other friends and the other moms who attended. He painted this watering bucket cutout and selected a wildflower seed packet to give to me as a gift. We were going to plant them today but it has been too cold outside. Amazing that here in the middle of May, it's still too cold. I guess I'll get on that soapbox another blog! :)


A few days later, I picked Jordan up from school and he had a present for me. It was wrapped and had a cute card on the front. He said, "open it, hurry, Mom!" So I did. This was the neatest little gift for moms (all you Sunday school teachers). She used a regular CD case and lined it with scrapbooking paper cutout to fit the inside of the case. Then she glued a circle inset and a circle cutout picture of Jordan on top of the inset. On the right side of the case, was the scripture "Her children arise and call her blessed..." Proverbs 31:28. I said, "Oh, Jordan. This is sooo cute! I'm so glad you made this for me." He said, "Well, I didn't make that, mom. But it is so cute."


Sunday rolls around and I kinda had a feeling I knew what I'd be getting but still not sure. I made a big deal to let Kevin know I wanted the Apologetics Study Bible when we were in Lifeway last time. I pointed at it with my crutch and said, "I want this. Do you see it? Look at it, this is what I want." Hey, he's a man. Sometimes it takes a while for them to get it. Well, anyway, when I went to the kitchen Sunday morning after getting ready for church, there it was sitting on the table! I was super excited. He even gift wrapped it with a big yellow bow! Kevin told me later that he mentioned to Jordan that the bible was for me for mother's day. Jordan said, "I think she'll like it. It's a good one."

2 comments:

Dyan said...

I'm glad you had a great mother's day, and you were able to spend time with your grown up friends that weekend too!

Farkus said...

I got that Apologetics Bible for Christmas! I like it a lot. Mr. Kevin knows what he is doing. Go Kev.