Well, we all just had so much fun with our 1st evah family night, I had to revisit and try again. So, with much anticipation, I decided our second family night would be "IN the BOX". We campaigned as a family to fill boxes for Operation Christmas Child and this would be the focus of our family night. We had such fun picking out items for our shoeboxes. J decided he would fill a shoebox for a little boy and a big boy. "No girls, acause boys rule!" he said. Well, I of course couldn't let an opportunity to buy for a little girl go by so I selected a shoebox and filled it with items fit for a princess. The Operation Christmas Child is a really great ministry sponsered by Samaritan's Purse, headed up by Franklin Graham.
Here is J's shopping list for the shoeboxes -- a good shopper always brings a list!
J and T-Man pick out some things to stuff our boxes with and J puts our loot on the conveyer belt. He really took charge of this project!



Our "In the Box" Meal for Family Night. The boys picked their own. Mommy added the apple pie. Hey, it was in a box!

Stuffers R Us



Finally, we had a what's "in the box" activity! Here are the boys opening the box to see what is inside. T-Man is a little excited, I think.

It's a CRAFT box! Mom is soo original *haha*!


We ended up making puppets and put on a puppet show. J made a teenage mutant ninja turtle and I made a diva. Isn't she purty? A great way to end a Family Fun Night, In the Box!
No comments:
Post a Comment