Saturday, January 24, 2009

Family Fun Night #3

Well, I would say I'm a bit late on this post but at least it's making it's way to the blog. We had a very busy Christmas, if you wanna call it that. With 100,000 places to be and Chinese gift exchanges to attend, I thought we would never be able to squeeze in a Family Fun Night but we did and it's theme, "So this is Christmas"!
Our evening started off just right with Pizza on the menu (the boys favorite) complete with them making their own. I used a serving dish to separate the toppings and they went hog wild dishing them on! After cooking the pizzas, we cut them into nice triangular pieces which when topped with a cheese cut-out star makes for a great Christmas tree! Finally after supper was over, we had our family fun activity. J had been bugging me to purchase a gingerbread house kit. I never did get around to buying one but found a great "mini" gingerbread activity on Family Fun. It included graham crackers, icing, and candy. We spilt up into teams MJ and DT and went to work building our houses and then decorating them. Again, I used the serving dish to separate the toppings. It was tooo much fun and the boys had toooo much sugar for one day! Hey this was Christmas, what can I say? :)

The boys make their own person pan pizzas. T-Man loves pepperoni apparently!

T-Man shows off his Christmas Tree Pizza. Cheese cut-outs made with star cookie cutter.Daddy and T-man have built their house. Time for decorating! Using a cardboard cutout or a small ind. size milk carton, build a cube shape for the house. Cover with graham crackers. Use icing as glue.
T-Man and J get busy decorating their houses with colored icing and LOTS of candy!!

Team MJ...we're showing off our masterpiece of a gingerbread house!Team DT...showing off their masterpiece of a gingerbread house. T-Man looks like he is still ingesting some sugar!The complete houses. Me and J added white icing for a snowy effect and Daddy added green icing for grass. Not quite sure what the tootsie rolls were supposed to be...maybe logs? A gingerbread house eating was sure to follow which seemed more fun than actually putting the houses together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoa. that's a lot of candy on DT's gingerbread house. : ) These Family Fun nights are great traditions! I think your boys will look back on these with great memories! What a wonderful idea! :)