Saturday, February 28, 2009

Family Fun Night -- Here's the LOVE!

On Valentine's weekend we were very busy. A reunion supper and a wedding were plans for that weekend so we pushed Family Fun Night back to this weekend. I'm glad we did because it gave me plenty of time to come up with a menu and activities. However, I will say I didn't come up with everything on my own. I had to hunt for a little bit of help in the blogosphere. Be sure to look up Whittaker Woman for more family night ideas. So this family fun night was all about the LOVE. Our night started off with the boys (and mom & dad) making placemats with pictures of the things we love. Then I prepared supper that was meant for love...allll pink! Our dessert was a love potion and our activity was going on a heart's treasure hunt. Here are the pics from our LOVE night. Before supper, the boys and Mommy and Daddy made our very own placemats with pictures of the things we love.

T-Man looks over at the pink pancake batter. He said, "Oooo. Das Cool!"
On the menu, all things Pink! Pink pancakes (my crude shaping of a heart), pink yogurt, pinkish bacon (gotta get protein...hey, the pig was pink, right?), pink milk. For dessert...
LOVE POTION!!! Actually it was jello mousse magic. Yum! Finally, the boys had an awful good time looking for their hearts treasure. We taped a treat to the back of paper hearts and hid them around the house. It was kind of like going on an egg hunt. Even J got in on the hiding action and hid the hearts in some pretty tricky hiding places. He was mighty proud of his mad hiding hearts skills!
Kevin gives J a hint on a heart that's been hidden close by......AND he finds it! The best part of any treasure hunt, the booty!
Here's the thing I LOVE...Family fun nights, well, those are just a bonus! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very cute!! what did you put in the pancakes to make them pink?