March ushered in lots of busy times for the Berry Family. But we adjusted and made the best of it. We were able to spend a Family Fun Night together before Kevin had to go to strike training for one whole week in Texas and some other training for half a week in Charlotte. Our night focused on Dr. Seuss, because if you don't know, March 3rd is Dr. Seuss's birthday. Schools all over America celebrate with Read Across America day. The schools do fun activities, have guest readers, and LOTS of Dr. Seuss books that day. Having a certain fondness for teaching, I decided our Family Night should represent with some Dr. Seuss fun. So we did! While Kevin and I were in Florida for a Youth Leaders Conference, we found these adorable shirts for the boys. J is Thing 1 and T-Man is Thing 2 --- if you're not familiar, check out The Cat in the Hat. I'd say the boys are a pretty close match to Thing 1 and Thing 2!
Daddy prepared a Seussical meal of Green Eggs and Ham, recipe can be found in your copy of Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. Then we had a fitting green dessert. I can't quite remember the name of it, but it was perfect since St. Patrick's Day was right around the corner. After our scrumptious meal, we watched, you guessed it, a Dr. Seuss movie! Horton hears a Who was our choice for the night and boy is this a great movie! I always loved the book and usually a movie doesn't do justice to a book but this is the exception. I rate it high and will probably purchase it when it goes on sale. :) Then we had a wonderful surprise visit from Grandma and Aunt Rachel. They got to play with Thing 1 and Thing 2 which burned them out just in time for nighty-night!

Superb end to a family fun night, Dr. Seuss style!

Superb end to a family fun night, Dr. Seuss style!





No comments:
Post a Comment