Family Fun Night this go round was all about Easter! Our meal well, that was a tricky one for me this time. I looked and looked and LOOKED for ideas and just couldn't come up with anything. The night rolls around when we are having our Family Fun and I still didn't have any ideas for food. Well, J-bird kept asking for pancakes. After much thought and no other plans, I went with
waffles, his next favorite meal. We cut them into cross shapes. I hard-boiled some eggs and made deviled eggs (where does that name come from...really?) and we had white milk. Not much of a meal, but J-bird LOVED it. He was a happy little camper to say the least.After our delicious meal, we settled into our activity which consisted of dye pellets and vinegar! Yay, dying Easter eggs. I always had warm fuzzy childhood memories dying Easter eggs with my family. I'm so excited to pass this tradition onto my boys. Kevin's really artsy anyway, so this activity is right up his alley. This was T-man's first time dying eggs without mommy or daddy assistance and he did superb, not cracking one single egg! After dying our eggs, and admiring their beauty :), we had baths and a special storytime. Last year we did Resurrection Eggs with J-bird and he very much enjoyed but this year, oh it was wonderful. He remembered soo much about the Passion and Resurrection of our Savior from those 12 eggs. We read the story that goes with the eggs and read from the kids bible the coordinating scripture, then the boys got to open one of the eggs and play with the piece inside. After that night, they took turns until the night before Easter, when they had opened the last egg. May I highly recommend buying these eggs for your kids. You will be amazed how much they learn and retain! A great end to our Family Fun Night - It's Easter!




No comments:
Post a Comment