After my good friend, Carrie, told me I needed to blog again, I thought about it. I really did. I want to keep up with friends and family. I want to share memories and events. My intentions are very good, however, time is hard to come by in my life these days. So after, *ahem*, almost two years pass I am giving this a try once again. Since going on sabbatical, I've had the luxury of having a 3rd child, homeschooling our first-born, and Kevin and I are now ministering in the children's department of our church leaving behind our treasured years with the youth. It's been a whirlwind to say the least. We are learning and growing with each new life event. 
*Our oldest, is now eight, going on 16. He's forever funny, coming up with quips that best even really good comedians. The highlight of his day would be watching a family movie with the entire family. Homeschooling him frightened me because of his strong will but after surviving one year, we're going to do it again. He has no fear in sharing Jesus with a stranger. He really does crave one-on-one attention and LOVES being with the family without the other brothers. His favorite thing to do? Swim, period. The boy is part fish. We love his free spirit and fearless ambition and cannot wait to see what he'll bring into our lives next, really and truly. Good or bad.
*Our middle child, Tman or BigLove is growing so quickly
right before my eyes. His bright smile, sweet hugs, and precious laugh keep me going through the day. He is learning to "deal" with an annoying baby brother and rather gracefully. His affection for baby brother is quick and light hearted and usually outweighs his aggravation when baby takes his toy or tries to sit on him. At four years, almost five, he is learning how to read and writing letters to go along with his pictures of dinosaurs and his all time favorite, superheros. The current moment, Spiderman brings him the most delight. I'm sure next week it will be a different one but always a superhero. Favorite thing to do? Play Superhero Squad on the Wii. Second favorite thing to do? Hug mommy. Biggest accomplishment this year? Learning how to swim without swimmies! We are still working on falling asleep without mommy...
All of our boys are blessings. We are so excited to see them grow and mature but at the same time savoring what little bit of childhood they have left in them to share. It's a sweet thing, this thing we call parenting.
1 comment:
this is cute, but I want more. MORE MORE MORE!!! :)
Post a Comment